We are very happy to announce the following keynote speakers for the 4th International Conference on Environmental Pollution, Treatment and Protection (ICEPTP'19):
National University of Singapore, Singapore
National University of Singapore, Singapore
Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Dr. Davide Astiaso Garcia
Davide Astiaso Garcia, PhD in Thermal Science, Energy Technology and Building Physics in 2011, is Assistant Professor of Thermal Sciences, Energy Technology and Building Physics at the Department of Astronautical, Electrical and Energy Engineering (DIAEE) of the Sapienza University of Rome.
In 2017 he got the National Academic Qualification as Associate Professor in Thermal Science, Energy Technology and Building Physics (09C2).
Furthermore, he is the Secretary General of the Italian Wind Energy Association (ANEV), and the Secretary General of Coordinamento FREE (Coordination of Renewable Sources and Energy Efficiency).
His research activities at DIAEE started in 2006. He is currently involved in two H2020 projects GIFT - Geographical Islands FlexibiliTy - H2020-LC-SC3-2018-ES-SCC (BUILDING A LOW-CARBON, CLIMATE RESILIENT FUTURE: SECURE, CLEAN AND EFFICIENT ENERGY) Type of action: IA) and ODYSSEA (Operating a network of integrated observatory systems in the Mediterranean Sea; Type of Action: RIA), one EEA funded project (Youth Employment Network for Energy Sustainability in ISlands – YENESIS and one Erasums+ project (SIMULWIND - Maintenance simulator for the sustainability of European wind farms).
He has scientific expertise in more than 15 national and international research projects (also as Project coordinator, Chair of the Steering Committee, Project Contact Person and WP leader) and he is author of more than 60 publications on journals and national and international congresses mainly concerning energy themes (44 publications indexed in Scopus. H index: 15 and 512 citations in Scopus database).
Ten selected publications on speech topics
- Groppi, D., Astiaso Garcia, D., Lo Basso, G., & De Santoli, L. (2019). Synergy between smart energy systems simulation tools for greening small mediterranean islands. Renewable Energy, 135, 515-524. doi:10.1016/j.renene.2018.12.043
- Groppi, D., de Santoli, L., Cumo, F., & Astiaso Garcia, D. (2018). A GIS-based model to assess buildings energy consumption and usable solar energy potential in urban areas. Sustainable Cities and Society, 40, 546-558. doi:10.1016/j.scs.2018.05.005
- Nastasi, B., Lo Basso, G., Astiaso Garcia, D., Cumo, F., & de Santoli, L. (2018). Power-to-gas leverage effect on power-to-heat application for urban renewable thermal energy systems. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 43, 23076-23090. doi:10.1016/j.ijhydene.2018.08.119
- Groppi, D., Astiaso Garcia, D., Lo Basso, G., Cumo, F., & De Santoli, L. (2018). Analysing economic and environmental sustainability related to the use of battery and hydrogen energy storages for increasing the energy independence of small islands. Energy Conversion and Management, 177, 64-76. doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2018.09.063
- Majidi Nezhad, M., Groppi, D., Rosa, F., Piras, G., Cumo, F., & Garcia, D. A. (2018). Nearshore wave energy converters comparison and mediterranean small island grid integration. Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, 30, 68-76. doi:10.1016/j.seta.2018.08.009
- Lo Basso, G., Rosa, F., Astiaso Garcia, D., & Cumo, F. (2018). Hybrid systems adoption for lowering historic buildings PFEC (primary fossil energy consumption) - A comparative energy analysis. Renewable Energy, 117, 414-433. doi:10.1016/j.renene.2017.10.099
- Astiaso Garcia, D. (2017). Analysis of non-economic barriers for the deployment of hydrogen technologies and infrastructures in european countries. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 42(10), 6435-6447. doi:10.1016/j.ijhydene.2017.01.201
- Lo Basso, G., Nastasi, B., Astiaso Garcia, D., & Cumo, F. (2017). How to handle the hydrogen enriched natural gas blends in combustion efficiency measurement procedure of conventional and condensing boilers. Energy, 123, 615-636. doi:10.1016/j.energy.2017.02.042
- Astiaso Garcia, D. (2016). Can radiant floor heating systems be used in removable glazed enclosed patios meeting thermal comfort standards? Building and Environment, 106, 378-388. doi:10.1016/j.buildenv.2016.07.013
- Astiaso Garcia, D., Canavero, G., Ardenghi, F., & Zambon, M. (2015). Analysis of wind farm effects on the surrounding environment: Assessing population trends of breeding passerines. Renewable Energy, 80, 190-196. doi:10.1016/j.renene.2015.02.004
Topic of Keynote: Smart Energy Systems for Increasing the Energy Independence of Small Islands: Integrating Renewable Energies, Storage Systems and Sustainable MobilityKeynote Abstract
Jan. 18, 2019
Final Extended Paper Submission Deadline